Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Oh, Dad

I miss the rain,
The fog, the showers
That covers the leaves
Before their descent.

I miss the snow,
The ice and the cold,
Low lying branches
Awaiting new warmth.

I miss the blooms,
Bright flowers that sprout
While raising their heads
To the sky’s new light.

I miss the sun
That paints humid lines
And heats evening air
Before fading out.

I miss that peace,
The place without loss,
Where I was myself,
To see all there was.

I miss your voice,
The calls, the laughter,
You always felt close
Though you were afar.

I miss our time,
Chats near the maple
Where hope had followed
Words full of wisdom.

I miss that feel
Of love and concern,
Wanting to know all
No matter the truth.

And I miss that life
Where you were beside
Me, for then the world
Was just as it should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow DONNA.aWESOME POEM. aS USUAL YOU WRITE FROM THE HEART AND IT WORKS.lOVE mom